Thursday, May 24, 2012

Upcoming Projects

As I'm sure some of you know, Steam has been around since before we all discovered the cake was a lie.

Well, if you have a PC capable of gaming (even simple, lower spec gaming), I highly recommend you get their free-to-download launcher: here. 

They constantly have great deals on many new-release popular and indie games. As well as some classics. A couple weeks ago I got the classic Fallout Collection on sale for like, 19.99. You can, too, right here: Boom..

It classifies itself as a post-apocalyptic role-playing game. Two hyphenated words have never sounded more perfect together. Maybe coffee-filled doughnut-surprise. Maybe.




Anyway, I picked up two games recently: Lone Survivor and Dear Esther. The former is a very stylized (read: pixelated, 'old school') side-scroller/ rpg / survival horror game. The latter is...well, honestly, I have no damn clue what it's about. Ive played both games a bit at the moment, but will hold off going into further detail until I complete them. Then I'll post my first set of reviews on here.

Lone Survivor: No, this is not a low resolution photo. It looks like this.



Dear Esther. The game looks gorgeous, to be sure. It's also quite mysterious. As in, I've played for an hour and still don't know what the shit is going on.

                                                                 -------------------------

The second project I had in mind is one I've been trying to do since Freshman year of college (and wish to accomplish before I die):

... Play every Final Fantasy game.

You could say it's my....Final Fantasy. Yeahhhh! (My roommate actually said this to me, once. Sober.)
Caveat: No Final Fantasy spin offs. (What the hell does X-2 even mean? 10-2? I don't even...)

I'm thinking FF Tactics is widely loved enough that it will make the cut. But Crystal Chronicles, X-2, XII-2, Chocobo Dungeon, and Chocobo Chess, etc will not. (I don't even think that last one is a real game).

I'll keep a journal/series of posts as I play them. And I'm not sure if it's going to be in order, unless I get strong preferences one way or another. If I'm not mistaken, I've already played 1-3, 7-12. But I'll  play them through again and keep my status updated.

Follow up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment